Business Development Associate
Commonwealth Joe is a fast-growing startup in Arlington, VA that provides Nitro Cold Brew on tap as a service to offices (commonwealthjoe.com).
Our solution is used by both young and established companies alike looking to tap into employee engagement and productivity. We’ve won Forbes 30 Under 30 and have been profiled in the Washington Post and countless other media outlets.
Our team sells Nitro Cold Brew on tap as a service to offices looking to improve employee engagement and productivity. As a Business Development Associate, it is your responsibility to deliver quality sales opportunities with potential customers where we can schedule an office Nitro Cold Brew tasting and close on those opportunities once the tasting is completed.
We have a highly-structured and proven training program that will set you up for success in the position, and there is huge opportunity for growth. All you need is a competitive spirit, a strong work ethic, a willingness to learn / be coached and a desire to always improve and contribute to the company’s vision.
With Our Holistic Approach to Training, You Will
- Identify and differentiate the needs of various offices.
- Initiate contact with and smoothly transition opportunities down a sales funnel.
- Become proficient in an outbound transactional sales model.
- Learn self-management and time-management skills.
- Expertly schedule Nitro Cold Brew tastings everyday – it will become second nature.
- Contribute directly to the rapid growth of Commonwealth Joe and this sales team.
What You’ll Do
- Prospect new sales opportunities at offices of private companies, government organizations and non-profit institutions that fit into our target verticals by using cold calling and e-mailing methods.
- Establish a need for our product, identify key decision makers and schedule Nitro Cold Brew tastings.
- Close sales opportunities once a tasting is completed.
- Collaborate with other teams involved in the new business development process (e.g., Marketing, Logistics, Customer Experience).
- Manage your sales pipeline from cold call to tasting scheduled and tasting completed to deal closed.
- Exceed personal and team goals while teaching and learning from peers and mentors.
- Work closely with a sales management team dedicated to enhancing your skills and helping you grow as a sales associate and professional.
- Gauge and improve your skill set with frequent feedback sessions with sales management.
- Make 120+ dials/day in a fast-paced environment.
Who You Are
- Insanely passionate: Your friends say you get too excited about anything that piques your interest.
- A winner: You are intrinsically motivated and have the self-confidence and resolve to push through times of adversity.
- Competitive and high-integrity: Whether in sports, academics, or previous jobs, you have proven that you’ll put in the work it takes to rise to the top. You strive to make every prospect and customer rave to their networks about working with us.
- Willing to learn: You look forward to learning from the experiences of those who have walked in your shoes. You crave the opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- An adventurer: You embrace the opportunity to work for a startup. You look forward to taking direct responsibility for your work and having an impact in a fast-growth organization.
- 0-2 years of sales experience (no prior sales experience necessary).
Commonwealth Joe is a leading provider of Nitro Cold Brew on tap to offices and is one of the best-recognized startups in its space. With a veteran leadership team and equally passionate staff, we are poised to achieve greatness. Our team is diverse and comes from all walks of life. As part of this successful sales team, you will directly contribute to our rapid growth. In addition to being part of a prominent startup, you will receive highly-competitive pay and free Nitro Cold Brew on tap at all hours. Arlington is a great place to live, and our team members take advantage of what our community offers.
Please upload a resume AND cover letter along with your application.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.