We’re searching for a passionate, quantitative, and empathetic Director of Operations (“DoO”) to lead change management, data management, process improvement, and project management across Operations within a high-growth company. We believe the intimate pairing of data analysis and intuition are paramount to strategic decision-making and the ideal candidate for this role should have both.
The Director of Operations (“DoO”) leads the day-to-day operating activities of Commonwealth Joe Coffee Roasters, driving financial performance, capacity planning, change management and process improvement initiatives. The DoO identifies strategic improvements to improve coffee quality, company financials, and customer & employee experience, justifying the use of capital through quantitative analysis and intuitive understanding of process and people. The Retail, Production, and Logistics divisions of CWJ report directly to the DoO. The DoO should be driven by rapid trial and error, possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and have the burning desire to discover the pathway to the best results.
- You are an experienced professional, with 5-7 years experience leading teams in an Ops-related discipline with demonstrated impact on ROI or P&L.
- You are passionate about coffee, experience, and high hospitality.
- You are focused on results, driven by an entrepreneurial spirit. We take pride in our business. This is your business too.
- You are remarkable at developing people, building relationships, communicating across business units, and working with a team with a largely-diverse background, education-level, and work experience.
- You are skilled at quantitative data analysis and data-driven decision making.
- You are extremely organized with keen attention to detail.
- You are a quick learner, deeply analytical, detail-oriented, and a problem solver.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator, capable of connecting with a large variety of skill sets and perspectives.
- You are able to separate out the details and maintain visibility into the big picture.
Leadership & Organization
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the Retail, Production, and Logistics divisions of CWJ in the DC Metro Area.
- Promote a culture of high performance, the value of learning, continuous improvement, professionalism, people development and mentorship.
- Maintain close, trusting relationships with subordinates, and facilitate honest, open communication across team members.
Information Visibility & Streamlining
- Accountable for improvements to management reporting and inter-departmental information flow.
- Recommend and execute on organizational planning initiatives.
- Oversee operational KPI development and KPI management to identify new opportunities to drive performance.
- Accountable for reaching P&L targets on a quarterly basis.
- Plan, execute, and enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout Operations.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of capital projects.
- Approve plans to control budget spending, labor efficiency and material efficiency.
- Develop internal systems, process and policies supporting broader strategic initiatives.
- Implement new directives for growth, including change initiatives, process improvement, and building new operational capabilities and capacities.
- Own and manage the launch of new products, projects, tools, and organizational changes.
- Compensation consists of both base pay and equity. The ideal candidate understands the trade-off made between salary and equity in building organizations.
Upon initial review of your application, expect to provide a resume and cover letter detailing your operations and leadership experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM