RWANDA - NYAMYUMBA & KAYOVE
Bright & complex, with hints of lemongrass & tangerine. A gentle, rewarding introduction to the fruity flavors of lighter-roasted East African coffees, without the intense flavors of some of our Ethiopian varietals, such as Monticello Sunrise.
- Genesis. Resurrection. These are the life-renewing flavors that burst from the beans grown where coffee was born in Ethiopia, and roasted where a nation was born in Virginia. From Thomas Jefferson's Monticello through the battlefields of the Civil War, embark on hallowed grounds with coffee destined to make you feel like a Founding Father.
- The COOPAC co-op in "the country of a thousand hills" began in 2001 on the mountain slopes of western Rwanda, above Lake Kivu, and has grown from 110 members to 2,200 members and now includes three environmentally-friendly washing stations that filter byproducts for use as fertilizer rather than allowing them to run off into nearby rivers and lakes.
Note: Commonwealth Joe does not hold the aforementioned certifications. These certifications are held by the growers referenced above.
- Produced By: COOPAC co-op
- Location: Rwanda - Nyamyumba & Kayove in the Southern Bugoyi district of Gisenyi
- Grown at: 1,400 - 1,850 meters
- Harvest: April - July
- Process: Washed & sun-dried on raised beds
- Grower's Certifications: Fair Trade, Organic