PERU - CAJAMARCA
Smooth, rich, and full-bodied––a glissando of milk chocolate with natural flavors of smoky cinnamon and brown sugar and the slightest grace note of tangerine. This coffee balances traditional and adventurous tastes. Bolder than Skyline Overlook, but less smoky than Blue Ridge Bluff.
- Cruising down the G.W. Parkway makes Northern Virginia feel like the country. So does this coffee, which evokes a simpler time when ships sailed down the Potomac alongside carriages rolling to the farms of old Virginia. Swap the suit for a pair of overalls – while driving, if you can – and make that commute memorable.
- Indigenous family-owned estates in the region of Cajamarca harvest coffee on farms averaging four hectares in size.
Note: Commonwealth Joe does not hold the aforementioned certifications. These certifications are held by the growers referenced above.
- Produced By: Small coffee producers from San Ignacio
- Location: San Ignacio, Cajamarca, Peru
- Varietals: Bourbon, Catimor, Catuaí, Caturra, Mundo Novo, Pache, Typica
- Grown at: 1,400 - 1,750 meters
- Harvest: April - September
- Process: Fully washed and sun-dried
- Grower's Certifications: Organic